Vienna… there is nothing not to love about this city! It wasn’t our first visit, but this time everything happened differently and we loved it even more. And to be easy for us, but also for you to read we will make an easy to read top 10 with things we love about Vienna. Start packing for the trip!
1. Albertina Museum – It’s an amazing museum that has to be seen. And what is super nice is that they always have temporary exhibits so you’ll see always something new there. We have visited the Lee Miller photo exhibition, Monet and Picasso ( The Batliner Collection that is one of the most important private collections in Europe ) and Bacon, Warhol and Richter. It was more than pure happiness in only one hour. After the tour have a drink or lunch at Albertina’s restaurant. It’s very nice.
2. The Hofburg Palace and its gardens. OMG! We have never seen so many roses in our whole life. Amazing gardens, nice atmosphere and what is very nice about Vienna is that everything is in perfect order. It’s like someone just came and cleaned up everything before you step in. It’s really amazing.
3. Belvedere Palace. It’s not much to say cause you probably know how beautiful it is. The gardens and the paintings inside are so beautiful. And Klimt’s KISS is there so you have to go and admire it in reality.
4. Kunst Haus Vienna: For sure you saw photos with this building, but many don’t know that they are from Vienna. Opened in 1991, Kunst Haus Wien houses a permanent Hundertwasser exhibition (you know his paintings right? ) on two floors and two additional floors are devoted to changing exhibitions. On the ground floor, there is a café-restaurant and a shop.
5. Museum Quartier: It’s a very nice area where you can relax, have a drink and enjoy art. We are fans of Leopold Museum that is exactly in the middle. This time we were lucky to see Egon Schiele ‘s paintings of Wally Neuzil that is known as his favorite model (and maybe lover) till he got married to Edith in 1915. Leopold Museum holds the most important Egon Schiele collection (by the way on the 12th of June he would be 125 yeast old.. It’s such a pity he died at only 28 ).
6. Leopold Museum Restaurant: They have good food and you can enjoy a nice view. It has a nice terrace and it’s “on top” of Museum’s Quartier. At least have a drink
7. Palmehaus: It’s very near Albertina and you have to visit. The restaurant is amazing. We recommend to stay inside and eat something or have a frappe. It is perhaps the most beautiful Jugendstil greenhouse ever built. By 1988 the building had fallen into disrepair and was closed to the public. Ten years and $17m later the refurbished building was reopened to the public.The 2050 sqm. building houses plants used to decorate official functions, one of Vienna’s most popular restaurants and of course the tropical butterfly house that you have to see (we saw the most amazing butterflies and they were flying around our heads over and over again. It’s magic.)
Foto Andreea Bogdan
Wearing: Asos Denim Jumpsuit, H&M Silver Shoes, Absolutely Fabulous by Moja White Cotton Top, Salar Milano Red Bag, Moo Sunglasses / Adidas Sneakers, Absolutely Fabulous by Moja Pink Top, Moo Sunglasses, Kenzo Bag