Why do we love fashion month so much (sometimes as much as we hate it)? Because our wardrobe is in its best shape! We bring together all the amazing pieces we love, we receive or have to wear, so we have a more organized space where only the items we really fell in love with, are included. This is the moment when we start to share the things we have. Many of you think that we live together, that we have the same closet or that we borrow things one from another, but surprise, NO, we don’t. Back to our fashion week selection, it is best to plan a little bit every outfit, so you can enjoy the experience and not to get crazy because your shoes don’t match the dress you decided to wear on that specific day. (HARD to do it!) Before packing our luggage, we try to avoid taking extra pieces, because we usually receive many gifts during fashion week. Long story short we took these photos in a hurry before the first show we had during MFW, trying to give you a hint about how our wardrobe looks like in the first day.
How to organize your wardrobe before fashion week? How to pack your luggage before fashion month? What do you need during fashion week? Simple as that! Below is a suggested list, our advice on how to plan your perfect fashion week wardrobe and what items you really need to pack.
1. Different shoes for each day!! This is super important! You don’t wanna be the girl with the same shoes! No way!! If you don’t have enough, go out and buy something!
2. Different bags each day. The IT items must be a star every single day, so don’t make compromises and bring your best pieces.
3. Jewelry to make your outfit fabulous and add a little sparkle. Not all the time, but for sure you’ll need some golden cufs or star necklaces to complete your look.
4. Sunglasses. As many you have! Even two per outfit! Change something small very fast and easy! Every detail counts.
5. Color block pieces. Even if you are into dark colors, believe us, an electric blue won’t hurt. Photographers love colors.
6. Items that can be easily match! Yes, this is the toughest part, but the most challenging one. This way you’ll exercise your sense of style.
7. Don’t forget about evening items. Of course you’ll be invited to fancy events, so you need proper clothes. Try the little black dress with a twist, a pair of skinny pants ( leather or velvet would be nice), two/three different shirts and a velvet jacket. You can mix them and you can also match them with some items you have worn during the day. And you already have the jewelry and the bags.
8. Hats. At least one!
9. You really need your cosmetics, so you better bring your face serum, your best fragrance and your favorite nail polish.
*And the most important thing is to have the best apartment ever. Big rooms. Huge closets. Central located and pretty decorated! Thank you @SOLAR TRAVEL for this trip and for the lovely accommodation.
Foto: Andreea Bogdan