“I didn’t know what I wanted to do, but I always knew the woman I wanted to be.” We admire powerful women and we find inspiring how well they can handle any kind of situation. They can be an inspiration and also they can help you realize that you can get through any obstacle you have in life. That’s why we picked 10 powerful women characters from movies and TV series and made a list that we hope will be a source of inspiration for you.1. Katniss Everdeen – ‘’The Hunger Games’’
Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence), a teenage girl from District 12, started off as a strong and confident character by volunteering to replace her younger sister in the cruel ‘’Hunger Games’’. She is good, honest, the head of her household, and also a great and courageous fighter. She focuses on how to stay alive and she survives every time. After that becomes a celebrity in the Capitol. Although she continues as a strong character in the trilogy and was named the leader of their rebellion: “the Mockingjay’’, Katniss also has a breakdown and depression but she manages to survive it and becomes a successful woman working in television.
2. Olivia Pope – ‘’Scandal’’
Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) is a strong character who knows how to talk business. Being the leader of her own crisis firm ‘’Pope & Associates’’, she always knows how to handle any scandal, or image issue, no matter how complicated it is. She is the best and has no limits, that’s why she also works for the President.
Olivia constantly challenges and motivates her employees and it’s a truly inspiring character.
3. Catherine Tramell – ‘’Basic Instinct’’
The brilliant Sharon Stone plays Catherine Tramell a strong and evil character whom portraits a serial killer. She is described as a “mix between the classic femme fatale and the new psycho killers, one of the most evil characters ever created’’. Besides her way of being, her presence is also really powerful and can easily intimidate men. Catherine is also very confident about her sexuality, her secret weapon to control man. That’s why she get away with anything!
4. The Bride – ‘’Kill Bill’’
Named the meanest assassin ever, The Bride – Beatrix Kiddo (Uma Thurman) is one of the most powerful women characters in the movie industry. She is both a hardened assassin and also really maternal with her daughter. Being a mother and a warrior shows what a complex character she can be. Also, The Bride has a good physical strength and she’s not intimidated by men. Sometimes she can be a little weak but that’s only to show that she is human and can cry from time to time.
5. Peggy Olson – ‘’Mad Men’’ Elizabeth Moss plays Peggy Olson, a copy chief who started out as a secretary of Don Draper and managed to advance in the firm by being smart and having great ideas. Because the advertising world was full of man in that time period, she wanted to be treated as an equal and showed how powerful she can be among her colleagues.
6. Elle Woods – ‘’Legally Blonde’’ Elle (Reese Witherspoon) is a Harvard Law student who later on becomes a brilliant lawyer. Although people make fun of her looks and think she is stupid, Elle proves them wrong and win successfully really hard cases. Besides being smart and intuitive, she is also really kind and a great people person. She is a very powerful character and a role model for every person who doesn’t want to follow society rules.
7. Alicia Florrick – ‘’The good wife’’
Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies) was a junior litigator at the law firm Stern, Lockhart & Gardner. After this position she took a big risk and started out her own law firm with a colleague. She managed to prove that she is very smart and can win a very difficult case. Alicia can be scary in court, can get past a scandal and win and she can also manipulate man as she wishes.
8. Piper Chapman – ‘’Orange is the new black’’
Based on a true story, Piper (Taylor Schilling) is a woman arrested for drug smuggling and sentenced to 15 months in Litchfield Prison. She started off as a shy and innocent character but after facing hard days in prison and meeting her evil or crazy inmates she becomes wiser and more powerful. She even manages to make her inmates be afraid of her as she also succeeds to land a good leader role among her prison colleagues.
9. Annalise Keating – ‘’How to get Away with murder’’
The talented Viola Davis plays Annalise Keating, a Criminal Law professor and also a defense attorney. She is a very powerful character who stops at nothing in winning a case. She teaches her students how to win and be successful and also she motivates them to get pass a weak moment and always try harder to stay on top. Annalise knows very well how to hide her secrets and also how to have the power in her hands.
10. Daenerys Targaryen – ‘’Game of Thrones’’
Daenerys, played by the amazing Emilia Clarke, if one of the most powerful women in the whole history of television. Besides the power to always say the right things and enforce her speeches, she can escape fire and be a one of a kind strong woman. She can rule a city, she is adored by the people that serve her and also she can master the minds of powerful man as she wishes. But the most important thing of all: she convinced Khal Drogo to be as she wanted and she became a Khalesii (Queen).
Now is your turn. Which female character inspires you the most?